About 4km west of Chania city it is amphitheatrically built on a hill the picturesque village of Daràtso overlooking both sea and White Mountains. The beaches of Aghioi Apostoloi are located one kilometer further from the village center and are composed of three picturesque bays with deep blue waters and clean sandy beach being especially popular both for their natural beauty and for the numerous activities that anyone can practice in the area. From Daratso area anyone may have easy access to all island’s attractions:
- In the Old Town and the Venetian port of Chania where you can wander the narrow streets of harbor with small shops, traditional cafés and shops with folklore art items.
- Visitors can also visit the famous village of Sfakia with rough passages and wild beauty.
- They may also pass through one of the 18 gorges of the county with the largest and most beautiful being the Samaria Gorge.
- You can experience the exotic pink sandy beach with cedar forest at Elafonisi on the southern side of the island.
- It is worth visiting Ancient Falasarna and swimming in the deep blue waters.